House Hunting Advice
In the ideal home-buying scenario, attending open houses and pinpointing the perfect place is a breeze. But in a seller's market, finding a home is no small feat, which is why it's important to make the most of the time you spend touring houses. Since most open houses happen on the weekend, you'll need to do some prep work to manage your time wisely, so you don't waste the better parts of your Saturdays and Sundays. We’ve got you covered with these tips to help you make your home search as productive as it can be.
1. Get pre-approved for a mortgage
2. Clarify which amenities matter most
3. Find a savvy real estate agent
4. Plan your route wisely
5. Take notes (and photos) as you go
6. Block out the last half of the afternoon to revisit your top choices